SUMMER ASPARAGUS TACOS
Kenna of @kenandkale shows just how versatile our ONANA tortillas can be with this yummy vegan vegetable taco recipe. Yum! Scroll below for the recipe!
“It’s been awhile since veggie tacos went down! Filled @onanafoods plantain tortilla with roasted asparagus, roasted brussels sprouts, kale, roasted chickpeas, & local pea greens. It felt so good to get in a run this morning after almost a week off from catching a cold. Once I get sick I seem to realize how easy it is to take for granted feeling energetic, healthy, & full of love & enthusiasm day to day. Something I’m getting better at is accepting the body needs to rest, & then take the best of medicines: self-compassion! 💗✨”
Made by @kenandkale
- ONANA TORTILLAS
- 2-4 SPEARS OF ASPARAGUS
- 1/4 CUP CHICKPEAS
- 6-8 BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1/2 CUP PEA GREENS (SPINACH WOULD ALSO WORK)
- OIL OF CHOICE (WE RECOMMEND AVOCADO OR OLIVE OIL)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash asparagus and brussels sprouts. Cut brussels sprouts into halves.
- On a baking sheet, put the brussels sprouts , asparagus and chickpeas. Then add oil to lightly coat all your vegetables and chickpeas. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put in the heated oven for about forty to forty five minutes.
- Heat individual tortillas on a dry pan until slightly browned, pliable, and fully heated.
- When the vegetables are done roasting add these to the warmed tortillas. Add a handful of fresh pea greens and sprinkle the roasted chickpeas into the tortillas.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!