TANDOORI PANEER BOMBAY FRANKIE
Shivangi of @raodyrecipes shows us just how versatile ONANA plantain tortillas can be with a tandoori paneer bombay frankie! Yum! Scroll below for the recipe!
“Kicking off Monday with this 🌯 bombay frankie 🌯 (aka bombay burrito) which is a popular street food that started in the 1930’s and was loved by all of Mumbai. A bombay frankie is basically a grilled Indian flatbread that is stuffed with a variety of delicious fillings and chutneys. .
My modern #paleo and #glutenfree version of this uses @onanafoods tortillas (made from just green plantains, salt, and baking soda!), Which are heated on a pan until soft. I stuffed them with my tandoori paneer (recipe coming soon), chopped onions, tomatoes, and homemade cilantro mint chutney and tamarind date chutney (chutney recipes are on the blog)! The soft plantain tortilla is so much healthier than a roti or naan, but it has similar texture and consistency so it’s perfect! That combined with my spicy and flavorful tandoori paneer with the fresh veggies, and the dynamic chutneys make this so addictive! 🌯Can’t wait for you to try this low carb alternative without the guilt"
Made by @raodyrecipes
- ALL INGREDIENTS FOR TANDOORI PANEER
- ONANA TORTILLAS
- CHOPPED ONIONS, TOMATOES, CILANTRO, TAMARIND DATE CHUTNEY, CILANTRO MINT CHUTNEY, AND LIME WEDGES FOR GARNISH (ALL OPTIONAL)
- Make tandoori paneer.
- Heat individual tortillas or naan on a dry pan until slightly browned, pliable, and fully heated.
- Stuff with tandoori paneer and all toppings (fresh veggies and chutneys). Wrap into a burrito shape.
- Wrap end of burrito with foil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!