TANDOORI MUSHROOM QUESADILLA
- 4 ONANA TORTILLAS
- 1 12 OZ PACKAGE MUSHROOMS CLEANED AND SLICED (I LIKE CREMINI OR BABY BELLA MUSHROOMS)
- 1 YELLOW ONION CUT INTO SLICES
- 1 PACKAGE FROZEN PEPPERS OR ONE EACH OF RED, YELLOW AND GREEN BELL PEPPERS
- 3 TBSP FULL FAT GREEK YOGURT (OPTIONAL)
- 1 TBSP TANDOORI SEASONING
- 1 TSP CORIANDER POWDER
- 1 TSP GARAM MASALA
- 1/2 TSP RED CHILI POWDER OR CAYENNE
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1/4 TSP BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TBSP GARLIC GRATED
- 1 TBSP GINGER GRATED
- 1 TBSP OIL OF CHOICE (I USE GHEE)
- 1 CUP SHREDDED JACK CHEESE DIVIDED (I USE ORGANIC VALLEY)
- AVOCADO CILANTRO CHUTNEY AND LIME WEDGES TO SERVE
Mix yogurt and all spices (including salt and pepper) together to form your tandoori marinade. You can also leave the yogurt out and just mix the dry spices, or use a dairy free alternative.
Sauté onions and grated garlic on medium-high heat in oil of choice on a pan until golden brown.
Add in frozen peppers and marinade and sauté for a few minutes. If you used yogurt in your marinade, make sure yogurt has cooked and combined well with peppers and onions before moving to next step. You don’t want it to be super liquidy because the mushrooms will release some water as well!
Add in sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté until water has evaporated and everything is cooked well and caramelized. Set aside.
Heat one plantain tortilla in some oil on a large pan on medium heat.
Add about 2 spoons of mushroom mixture on one half of the tortilla, followed by 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
Fold the other half over and press down using spatula.
Flip over when golden brown.
Cook for a couple more minutes until cheese is melted and other side of tortilla is also golden brown.
Remove onto a plate and cut into thirds.
Repeat entire process with the other 3 tortillas. It should make enough for two to three servings.
Top with my avocado cilantro chutney and lime wedges.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!