MASALA BREAKFAST PIZZA
“MASALA BREAKFAST PIZZA! 🍳🍅🌶🌱 So excited for this recipe! It’s healthy but hits the spot for a more creative breakfast for you and your family! ❤️ Cherry tomatoes are cooked in ghee and caramelized in turmeric, cumin powder, chaat masala, and red chili powder. They’re layered on top of a crisp grain free @positivelyplantain plantain tortilla and topped with a fried egg dusted in chaat masala and paprika, red onions, cilantro, crumbled paneer or feta, and jalapeños! This is spicy, savory, and so comforting yet so healthy! The plantain tortilla packs vitamins, fiber, and low glycemic starch and is paired with lots of fresh veggies and protein/healthy fat from the egg. Talk about a balanced breakfast! 🙌🏾 Can’t wait for you to share your own masala breakfast pizza with your loved ones! 🍳🍅🌶🌱 // Recipe for masala breakfast pizza on the blog.”
Made by @raodyrecipes
- ONANA TORTILLAS
- 1-2 EGGS
- 1 TBSP GHEE OR OIL OF CHOICE (HALF FOR FRYING EGG HALF FOR SAUTÉEING TOMATOES)
- 1 CUP OF CHERRY OR GRAPE TOMATOES CUT IN HALF
- 1/4 LARGE YELLOW ONION DICED (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 TSP CUMIN POWDER
- 1/2 TSP CHAAT MASALA (OR GARAM MASALA IF YOU DON’T HAVE CHAAT MASALA)
- 1/4 TSP RED CHILI POWDER
- 1/4 TSP CORIANDER POWDER
- 1/2 TSP GRATED GARLIC
- 1/4 TSP GRATED GINGER
- 1/4 TSP SALT
- 1/4 TSP PEPPER
- HANDFUL OF CRUMBLED FETA OR PANEER, CILANTRO, CHOPPED JALAPEÑOS, CHOPPED RED ONIONS, AND CRUSHED RED PEPPER OR PAPRIKA, SQUEEZE OF LIME JUICE FOR GARNISH
- Sauté chopped onions (optional), grated garlic, ginger and tomatoes in a pan with oil.
- Add all spices, salt, and pepper. Sauté until onions have browned and tomatoes have caramelized and not watery. Taste and adjust spices, salt as needed. Set aside.
- Heat tortilla on a pan until pliable and slightly crisp but not burnt. Set aside. For a truly crisp tortilla, heat in oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Fry 1-2 eggs sunny side up on a pan in some oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper to taste on top and an extra pinch of chaat masala.
- Place cooked onions and tomatoes on the tortilla. Place fried egg(s) on top.
- Garnish with toppings of choice (cilantro, cheese, jalapeños, red onions, crushed red pepper, squeeze of fresh lime juice highly recommended). Use a sharp knife to cut the tortilla into triangular wedges.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!