These cheesy chicken enchiladas are sure to spice up dinner. Scroll down to see the recipe my by Nicole of @glutnefreeandgolden using ONANA plantain tortillas
"Enchilada heaven!!! AND gluten free??"
made by @glutnefreeandgolden
- ONANA Tortillas
- 1 pre cooked rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken.
- 5-6 oz of Paisa salsa verde green sauce
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- Queso fresco (shred)
- 1 bag Mexican cheese
- 2 cans green enchilada sauce
- Jarred jalapeños
- Ole Mexican crema
- Peel rotisserie chicken and place in bowl. Add beans, and the salsa verde. Mix well.
In baking pan cover the bottom with green enchilada sauce and about 3 tbsp Mexican crema. Mix well. (You want this to just slightly cover the bottom of the pan.)
- On stove top, warm up tortillas one by one for 1 minute each side. I will warm one and while I’m filling it, have the next one warming.
- Fill tortilla with chicken mixture and mexican shredded cheese. Roll and place in the pan with the sauce. Repeat this until you fill your pan.
Pour more enchilada sauce over the top, depending on how wet you want them.
- Take crumbled queso fresco and sprinkle over rolled enchiladas depending on how much cheese you want.
- Then add Mexican shredded cheese and a few jalapeños. Place in oven on 375 for about 8-12 minutes. Baking time varied depending on the material of the pan I used. Cheese will be melted when they are done.
- I then placed on broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp the outside. Once done, I poured more Mexican crema on the outside.