GRAIN-FREE MASALA PUMPKIN QUESADILLAS
Shivangi Rao of raodyrecipes made these delicious Masala pumpkin quesadillas using Positively Plantain Tortillas. Scroll below for recipe!
"It’s fall and that means pumpkin recipes galore. They’re everywhere, and I can’t get enough. I know most people are into sweet pumpkin recipes, but I dig a savory pumpkin recipe. Pumpkin is actually widely used in Indian cooking, and it’s often flavored with lots of warm and tangy spices.
These quesadillas are melt in your mouth, flavor bombs. Plus they’re loaded with nutrients thanks to @positivelyplantain plantain tortillas (or any other grain free tortillas of your choice) and the pumpkin which is high in antioxidants (great for immune function) and Vitamin A. Pumpkin puree is sautéed with red onions and colorful peppers to add some texture, and flavored with garam masala, coriander, cumin, and red chili powder. The layers of the creamy spicy and naturally subtly sweet pumpkin, crunchy veggies, and melted @organicvalley grass-fed cheese, and the fresh tortillas are everything you need and more. Don’t forget to dip these into some cooling garlic yogurt dipping sauce for the best pairing!"
Shivangi Rao @raodyrecipes
- 4 Positively Plantain Tortillas
- 1 red onion diced
- 1.5 cups diced red, orange and yellow peppers
- 1/2 12 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder or cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic grated
- 1 tbsp oil of choice I use ghee or avocado oil
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese divided I use organic valley
- Garlic yogurt dipping sauce and chopped cilantro to serve
Garlic Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups European style full fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp garlic grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Mix yogurt and all spices for garlic yogurt dipping sauce together until smooth. You may also use a dairy free yogurt alternative. Set aside in fridge covered.
- Sauté onions and grated garlic on medium-high heat in high smoke point oil of choice on a pan until golden brown.
- Add in peppers and all spices and sauté for a few minutes until cooked a bit.
- Add in pumpkin puree and saute until well combined and cooked.
- Heat one plantain tortilla in some oil on a large pan on medium heat.
- Add about 2 spoons of pumpkin/veggie filling on one half of the tortilla, followed by 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Fold the other half over and press down using spatula.
- Flip over when golden brown.
- Cook for a couple more minutes until cheese is melted and other side of tortilla is also golden brown.
- Remove onto a plate and cut into thirds.
- Repeat entire process with the other 3 tortillas. It should make enough for two to three servings.
- Serve with a drizzle of garlic yogurt sauce and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!